Samstag, 13. Juli 2013

Day 8 - Christiansburg, VA

What most people would call "bad weather" continued today: overcast sky. For a bicyclist it's not too bad, there's gonna be a time when I get more sunshine than I want... The route was both backroads and major highways today, nothing remarkable. Except for the last few miles when I had the steepest hills so far. That type of hill where you have a hard time just staying on your bike even in the lowest gear. Even harder if there's a uphill right-turn and you have to ride on the inner edge of the street to get out of the cars' way. First time on this trip I felt actual pain in my legs. Need to get used to that kind of climbs, many still to come.

Met a guy from Great Britain on his last days to Yorktown. We shared spots to camp in both directions and talked about the trip. In contrast to the rumors on the web he had no problems with the infamous Kentucky dogs and had never needed his dog repellent spray, so he gave it to me. Hopefully I will be able to pass it over to another guy in some weeks - unused.

Looking forward to my first american-style pancake-breakfast on this trip. Finally found a place. Should be some good fuel for the next miles. 

By the way: I'm done with the first of 10 maps. 367 miles or 587 kilometres so far.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen