Montag, 23. September 2013

Final days in San Francisco

After my spontaneous trip to San Diego I took a greyhound bus back to San Francisco for my final eight nights.

Had to get on another bus in LA and met Jana from Germany at the terminal there. She is from the same area I'm from and somehow I enjoyed that. With all the strangers I spoke to the last months it's nice to have something you're used to every now and then, and if it's only the dialect.

We decided to bike the Golden Gate Bridge (once again) and that's what we did. Perfect weather, nice company, a bike, a bridge, ice cream and eventually a ferry ride back to San Francisco - life as good as it gets!

The next day I kind of guided Jana through some of the touristy places you wanna visit if you only have two days in the city. Lombard street, North Beach, Mission Dolores, Chinatown, Fishermen's Wharf, Ferry Building, Market Street, Aquatic Park, Ocean Beach...

She left the next day and I decided to relax my remaining days.
There's still some neighborhoods and parks I haven't visited, down south, where tourist aren't to be found.
But I'm gonna do that next time.

America's Cup is still running. Sailing enthusiasts from all over to world have gathered in San Francisco. The hostel I'm staying at is packed and the shoreline busy. Every night the races of the day are being discussed in the lobby and at the vista points you always see the same people. Really like the atmosphere the sailing community creates, even though I'm not part of it.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen