Freitag, 13. September 2013

Down the coast to Long Beach (Greater LA)

Spent only one night in San Francisco. My parents are in the country visiting my brother who lives down in Long Beach so I decided to meet them there. The big question was where to store my bike but with a contact I had made in Capitol Reef NP I could find someone.

The plan was to take greyhound down the coast but it turned out to be even better. Met two german students in my hostel room, after some chat they invited me to join them on their ride to LA. Rental car, one night of camping in Big Sur, of course I went for that.

The ride was fun and the coast spectacular as always. Third year in a row I'm able to visit Big Sur!

The campground we wanted to stay at was full but we were told about a road climbing up from the coast trough national forest, where wild camping is allowed.
Best decision ever! What an amazing spot with the best night sky I had for a long time.
For the record: The campfire on the picture wasn't ours! Making a fire is strongly prohibited for a good reason, some people though don't care which sometimes leads to wildfires...

The next day through San Simeon, San Luis Obispo, Pismo Beach, Santa Barbara, Malibu to Santa Monica. We rented beach cruisers for a short ride to the Venice boardwalk and back (also something I had done before. Was a bit of a tour guide). Well after sunset I eventually arrived at the hotel my parents were staying, right on PCH.

1 Kommentar:

  1. wow, der himmel ist wirklich extrem geil. freut mich dass die app wieder geht :D

    AntwortenLöschen